Monday, June 25, 2007

the heart-throbbing daisies you picked are sleeping it off on the floor...


I love me some 13ghosts. I was raised on the good ol' honky tonk, the Alan Jacksons and Judds and too many cowboy hats to remember. But nowadays, I turn toward the fuzzed-out, rockier side of country. Alt-country is such a strange term. I wouldn't even necessarily say that 13ghosts qualify as alt-country. But there is that familiar sadness in their songs, the twangy lament. But as long as we continue to classify things, people will always be crawling out of the boxes we've put them in. You should listen to 13ghosts and let them charm you.

13ghosts - The Storm
13ghosts - Wormhead, My Dear
13ghosts - Just Got Dead
13ghosts - I Have brought Fire
13ghosts - Shoulders
13ghosts - In The Morning
13ghosts - Tornado



Go to their website for more tracks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home