Thursday, June 21, 2007

you're what happens when two substances collide...


Because I'm starting so late in the mp3 blog deluge, I have to beat a dead horse about some of my favorite artists despite their heavy traffic on other blogs. I have to get these obsessions out of the way before I can even begin to move on. One of the horses I'm so wont to beat is Andrew Bird. This man is a genius. A master of all strings, be it violin or banjo or guitar or mandolin, with a beautiful, unique voice. His songs conjure up images of a million ticking brass clocks, a million quiet hearts singing at once. If you doubt his greatness, I must draw your attention to his Parisian street performances for Blogotheque:





Just seeing him plucking his violin and using every sound he can conjure from it is lovely squared. And to be a master of the whistle in this philistine age is something to applaud. But I digress. From his website, I give you a track from his newest album, Armchair Apocrypha, which you should buy if you have the tiniest bit of sense.
Andrew Bird - Heretics

And a track from his last album, The Mysterious Production of Eggs.
Andrew Bird - A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head To The Left

Here is his session on WNYC:


You should love and obsess about him as much as I do, and forgive me for showing up late to the mp3 blog ball with this one. In a shabbier dress. And broken heels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home